Friday, January 3, 2014

24 going into 2014!!

Loud music, drinks flowing, bodies moving, lights spinning, friends laughing, and memories being created; that is how I started my new year.

Usually I would just hang out with my old High School buddies, but not this year. This year's New Year festivities lasted 3 long, fun days in the heart of our Nation's Capital. Not a day went by without laughter and pure joy. The people, the places, the blunt rudeness followed by roaring laughter made this a new years I'm sure to never forget. 

I feel like I learned so much in those three days. I learned what "bust a bone" means, I learned how to hail a cab off of the street, I learned how to explain the DMV metro system to people, and more importantly I learned that there are still genuinely good people out there. I went to my first poetry reading, my friend performed her work for the first time (and was amazing), and I remembered how fun it was to just live in the moment and not always have to be "an adult". 

I haven't made any New Years resolutions yet. I'm not sure if I really want to. BUT I do plan on making a vision board in the near future. Just something to keep me inspired along this next year of growth and happiness. 

I feel good about this year. In 2013 I: graduated college, moved to the DMV, got my first "big girl job", fell in love with the most amazing woman ever, lost some friends, and made some really amazing, life long friends. Coming off of that, I know this year is just going to keep pushing me forward towards more success and happiness and I'm ready and open to all of it. 

I would add more pictures but this one just about sums up my New Years eve shenanigans in itself. Happy New Year! Let's make all of 2014 a blast. Turn down for what!

P.S Shoutout to my Beautiful Girlfriend, my fellow Mixed Mami, and my Jammin Jamaican Beauties for moments I will truly never forget. <3 ~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it here...