Thursday, January 9, 2014

Throwback Thursday Poem : Scared to Death of Death

Scared to Death of Death 

I’m scared to death
of death. For death
to occur, to the ones that I love
and the ones that I don’t.
Because even though I don’t love them,
someone else does.
I’m scared of the unknown,
the unexplored, the unashamed
the unforeseen, future that holds my existence.
I am an entity inside a temple
that poses as my body.
An outward shell, reflecting beauty in some eyes,
ugliness in others. A short, skinny, light skinned girl
with long hair, perky breasts and a small ass.
But this body does not represent me.
It does not represent the entity
that dwells within me
or my true beauty which resides deep inside.
I’m scared that nobody will see me
that nobody will really take the time
to know me, to show me, to grow with me
laugh, love, hurt, and cherish the
memories that are waiting to be made with me.
I’m scared to death, of death
fore if death were to come upon me tomorrow,
how, in your heart, would you. Remember. Me?
11:35pm 4/1/11

~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it here...