Thursday, January 23, 2014

TBT: Walk To The Electric Chair

               
                I saw you Allen Ginsberg. With that rope tied
High and your vein pulsating out of your arm, shooting
Up “one last time” to make it all stop.
                I heard you cry in hysteria over your paranoid
Schizophrenic mother and how you were expelled from the
Czech Republic for your poem Howl.
                In my most heartfelt plea, I begged you, Allen Ginsberg,
To come and take a walk with me. Walk away from all your troubles
And find a new sense of euphoria.
                What thoughts I have that I would love to share with you
And get your opinion on. For I too have been to a supermarket in California
And it wasn’t all that clean.
                What roaches and mice twice the normal size
Scurrying all about the supermarket. Thoughts and ideas they remind me
Of the ones flowing through my heart.
                I wandered over to you and picked you off the floor,
Spat at your needle and drugs and dragged you away. Out we left to start
A new journey.
                We strode down the hallway going nowhere, saying nothing,
Acting as if each other didn’t even exist.
                Where are we going? Whom will we see? What shall we do
On this journey to the past?
                Will we walk to an alley where you will taunt the homeless?
Will we travel to a land where you are unknown?
                Will we move dreaming of the future and forgetting the past
Just as the past has forgotten us?
                I know you, Allen Ginsberg, walking step-in-step with myself,
As if we are one and the same.
                Are we? Maybe. Yes. No. Who is to tell? Only we know the truth
And the lies that make us whole.


Written: Feb 27, 2007

~Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it here...