Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Scribbles: Operation Write Every Day



Welcome to my first entry for my Sunday Scribbles. As some of you may know, I have been writing poetry ever since I could hold a crayon in my hand and make letters on paper (or the walls...sorry Mom.) So for my entry into my Sunday posts, I have decided to do a writing challenge.

I have been having a horrible case of writers block lately. I don't actually think I have written a complete poem since 2015 began. While scrolling Instagram I came across this page @mads.words where she writes in a little notebook, numbers them, and then posts pictures online. I thought it was a great idea so I decided to do the same and challenge myself to write something everyday. I may not post what I write everyday, but as long as I'm writing, it's a start.

I'm sharing this with you so if you want to join along you can. All you will need is a simple notebook (I got mine from Forever 21) and whatever your chosen writing utensil is (I fancy Pentel RSVP in medium).


Once you have that, simply open to the first page, number it and start writing. The beautiful thing about this challenge is that you can write whatever you want to. It can be a quote, a sentence that is stuck in your head, part of a poem, random thoughts, whatever you want as long as you are writing something. Write from your heart. You can never go wrong doing that. If you mess up (as you will see I did below) just scratch it out and keep going. Nobody is perfect, I don't even try to be.

The Challenge will run from now, Feb 15th, through March 31st. Share this with all of your friends and writing buddies. I want to get as many people's creative juices flowing as possible and hopefully together we can all create something beautiful. If you want to share your entries with me on Instagram or Twitter use the hashtag #TeasPoetryChallenge so I can read them and follow you. I'll be back next Sunday with some more of my writing. In the mean time, follow my twitter or instagram (linked above) to see some of my daily writings and to share motivation tips and keep each other going.

Here is my first post that was written literally 20 minutes ago.


Remember, if you join me and share your posts, use the hashtag #TeasPoetryChallenge so I can read your work as well. Comment below if you're excited for the challenge! I'll talk to you all soon. 

~Tea

2 comments:

  1. That Pentel R.S.V.P. though! I find that my journal writing improves when I'm using a pen that I love. Loving the poem too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good pen really makes a difference. And thank you for the poem love :)

      Delete

Spill it here...